Sunday, March 1, 2009

First off wanted to show off the studio all cleaned up and ready for Bixby to come and hide bones all around it.
The Clean Studiostudio clean
studio 3

So there it is and I am feeling good about working in it again and not all cramped, but we do have to go get more items from Ali's old bedroom. It was a task given to us and let me tell you she was a pack rat as a kid.

Next thing is Ali and I just put new pieces on Etsy. Ali just listed her pod on a doily etching which I thinnk the drawing is pretty sweet with the tonal values she accomplished.

"Pod on a doily"Pod on a doily

I put my new drawing from the re-evolution bird series which is a Swan pumped up and becomes more like a sea serpent. I figured Swans are territorial birds and pretty tough as well. The next step for them would be to take back the ocean and catch some meat. Their bodies would be ideal for a hard deep dive from the air, and strong legs could be great for quick chases of prey. The original is 11 x 8 1/2 and done with graphite, and I am selling the archival reproductions on etsy.

"Swan, Taking back the Ocean"Taking back the Ocean

I have now bought a little advertising space so I can offer lessons in my studio to all ages. If you know of anyone who is looking to learn how to draw, paint, or airbrush please refer them to my site. OK time to go and read to prepare the business plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any marketing or business suggestions: