Tuesday, March 17, 2009

St. Paddy's Day

I believe this is how it is supposed to be for an artist, but I mainly find myself doing the opposite. Writing and applying to teaching positions, applications to different studies, grants, and of course the blog. This weekend though I was able to complete the painting i had told you about on Friday and my technique .Return

I think it came out pretty well and it began another series of simpler paintings while working on the bird drawings, and soon will start a series of woodcuts that have NO birds in them. The other small paintings and this one are listed on Art Fire and 1000Markets right now, and will go up on Etsy when there are enough people online.

Pink Canaryparrot

Not much has happened beyond the standard normal affairs. Saturday went to a dinner where the host was on an Atkins diet and found out that I don't like whipped cauliflower or blood meat soup with broccoli. The steak was good, but I could have used a couple of beers. Seriously the "We hardly ever drink alcohol" gets pretty lame, or "You are going to drink the whole beer by yourself?" , yes I have been asked that by certain individuals here in New York. Which leads me to let everyone know the Ecuadorians love the Irish. Happy St. Paddy's Day!!! I love the Irish, in fact my Mom's family comes from there, but at the same time FUCK all the Irish living in America! Your family came here how many generations ago? If you showed up in Ireland they are going to call you a Yank, and will never see you as a fellow Leprechaun. I do like the Irish though especially when they are passed out in doorways, it makes for an amusing sight. You want to see this? If you are in the south suburbs of Chicago go to a town called Oak Lawn, take a left from 95th st heading South onto Ridgeland Avenue, and right after the train tracks on you right hand side (West) is a bar called the Fiddler's Elbow, and if I said the name I would have to do a jig while grabbing my elbow , rules are rules, and in this bar you will meet some real working Irish right off the goddamn raft they made and sailed to this country. I brought my friend here once who has no Irish blood, and he had a shoe thrown at him within five minutes of being there. He also for some dumb ass reason ordered a Corona in an Irish Bar? They were all confused and offered him a non-alcoholic beer thinking that was what a Corona is. I tried making him go dance for being such a dumb-ass and ordering that crappy beer, that stuff sucks.

OK, that was my ode of a paragraph to the Irish and my drinking.

I am going to go and take care of stuff, so I can get in the studio so Piece until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any marketing or business suggestions: