Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Tuesday the real beginning of the week

I really have no idea what that means, but I did get another treasury on etsy today that is dedicated to the fine art of printmaking because I love printmaking and I am finally printing again. I am almost done printing a edition of a small woodcut (3.5" x 5") that is a butterfly, figured I would start small after not printing for a year. It took me awhile to get going because I bought the daniel smith oil based relief ink, and really needed to modify it and couldn't remember what I used to use. I eventually remembered I add a 1/4 amount of etching ink to the relief with some miracle gel.
Here are some pics of my printing
first the press

press

Next the ink slab, block, and brayer

ink

last the prints drying

prints1

prints2

I also spent a good part of yesterday morning retaking photographs of my paintings to show what they look like in a room, and the sides. A woman on Etsy recommended it plus she said the backs of the paintings too, but I can not imagine why you need to see the back so I said forget about it. OK I am going back to printing after I look again for jobs, anyone want to hire a print shop technician I am ready to move where ever you need me. Bixby my dog said he is packe dan dready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any marketing or business suggestions: